Sunday, November 7, 2010

"For Colored Girls"


So thanks to spontaneous Lilly, and Tanisha seeing a movie is off my list. I went to see "For Colored Girls" and it was simply amazing. It was crazy we went to the movie theater in Fresh Meadows, and we saw Tanisha's friend. When I saw him, I knew him from some where, but couldn't put my fingers on it. He gave us free pop corn, and other things, which was extremely nice of him. Come to find out it was Dylan's best friend. I remembered reading Dylan's blog, and seeing their picture. While walking back, I was just thinking what if? What if Janiri dragged me along to meet Dylan some place and there he is? Its going to be like "Yo, your that girl from the movies, Tanisha's friend!?" Ha! it would be a classic moment.

Anyways "For Color Girls" touched on so many things that people don't understand. It wasn't the typical Tyler Perry movie, it was really planed out, and heart felt. There were several parts that really connected to me. Like when one of the girls said "How dare we complain,we're colored girls", and also when another character said "Big lips, and big hips..." It touched on so many things, that most African American women would have trouble speaking about,but I do recommend this movie.

P.S: So now that movies is out of the way, we can do something else.
P.S.S: Over a sudden I want a prom date, which is weird :/

No comments:

Post a Comment